Your children aren’t the only ones who need to be careful when obeying the traffic laws. Whether dropping your kids off or picking them up from school, you have to follow the rules as much as they do. Here are a few key reminders.
- Always stop for a school bus when the lights flash.
- Never go above the posted speed limit, even if there are no school zone lights.
- Never pass other stopped vehicles in a school zone.
- Assume that children are always present, even outside of school hours.
- Keep your eyes peeled at all times – avoid any distractions whenever possible.
- Expect the unexpected.