Although cars these days are becoming much more fuel efficient, that doesn’t mean that you can still go overboard with gas usage. Prices are only going to continue to rise, so you’re going to have to find creative ways to make sure that you’re not spending too much on fuel every time you go out.
So, with that in mind, here are some ways to save gas while driving.
● Don’t stop and start too often. When faced with traffic, let your car’s momentum do most of the work. The more that you’re pressing on the gas to race to a red light, the more fuel you’re burning.
● Use cruise control. Steady, even driving is going to provide better fuel economy, and this is one tool that ensures that you’re always at a consistent speed.
● Don’t go too fast. According to research, every five miles above 50 adds another 17 cents per gallon. Something to keep in mind.
● Check your tire pressure. Low or under-inflated tires are going to drastically reduce your fuel efficiency. Check them every other week or so to keep them at the right level.
● Maintain your engine. Don’t let it go too long between checkups. As your engine wears down, it’s going to affect your fuel usage.
● Don’t use A/C as often. Rolling down the windows should be your go-to option unless it’s really unbearable outside. The more you use air conditioning, the more gas you’re burning.
● Only turn right. It may seem counterintuitive, but the stats back it up. Making left turns burns more fuel and takes more time. Hey, UPS does it, so why shouldn’t you?
What tips do you have to help save gas?