When you sit down with your agent to complete your insurance review, the particular details will vary based on your needs and your coverage. The questions below will provide you with some essential information that you need to know.
Home Insurance Questions
- Does my policy cover rebuilding my home today?
- How do renovations affect my policy?
- Am I insured for replacement costs or actual cash value?
- Am I covered for landscaping or major appliances?
- Do I need extended coverage for belongings?
- Do I qualify for any discounts?
- What am I NOT covered against?
Vehicle Insurance Questions
- Are my liability limits adequate? (see also: How Much Car Insurance is Enough: Liability Insurance)
- What are my coverages and deductibles? (see also: How Much Car Insurance is Enough: Low vs. High Deductible)
- Is my uninsured motorist coverage adequate to replace my vehicle?
- Is “full coverage” overkill? Do I need collision or comprehensive coverage? (see also: How Much Car Insurance is Enough: Collision and Comprehensive Coverage)
- Are all driving-age members of my household listed on my policy?
Life Insurance Questions
- Why are the difference between term life insurance or permanent life insurance, and which one is better for me?
- How much life insurance should I buy?
- Should I keep my current permanent life insurance policy?
- Should I buy life insurance or just invest and save?
Reviewing your insurance is a necessary step to making sure that you have the coverage you need and that you’re not overpaying for services that are unnecessary. If you haven’t done this since you initially signed up for your policy, now is the perfect time to call your agent and set up a meeting.
Let BJI Help
If you are a BJI customer, give us a call or fill out our contact form to schedule a review of your policies. It doesn’t take long and can help you have the peace of mind knowing that your coverage is sufficient, and it might even save you a little money.
If you are not a BJI customer, we can help you as well. Because we are an independent agency, we can compare your current policies with the rates of multiple insurance companies so that you get the best rate for the coverage that you want. Give us a call or fill out our contact form to schedule a review of your policies.
Previous: How to Do an Annual Insurance Review