This week, we are giving a brief overview of various transportation options as well as how to stay safe in each situation.
Walking to School
If biking is not a viable option but you still live close, then you may allow your kids to walk to school. If that is the case, then follow these tips to ensure proper safety.
- Walk with other kids. Try to never walk by yourself if possible.
- Stick to open areas that have high visibility.
- Always follow proper traffic safety when crossing the street.
- Never stop to interact with anyone you don’t know.
- Don’t walk after dark.
- Only walk pre-approved routes. Don’t deviate.
- If you get lost, retrace your steps until you can find your way.
- Keep a phone handy in case you have to call someone.
More Back to School Safety to Come
Our focus this month is all about school safety. Like and Follow us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter to keep up when we release new tips!