This week, we are giving a brief overview of various transportation options as well as how to stay safe in each situation.
Walking to School
If biking is not a viable option but you still live close, then you may allow your kids to walk to school. If that is the case, then follow these tips to ensure proper safety.
- Walk with other kids. Try to never walk by yourself if possible.
- Stick to open areas that have high visibility.
- Always follow proper traffic safety when crossing the street.
- Never stop to interact with anyone you don’t know.
- Don’t walk after dark.
- Only walk pre-approved routes. Don’t deviate.
- If you get lost, retrace your steps until you can find your way.
- Keep a phone handy in case you have to call someone.